Tuesday, July 13, 2010

T-Minus One Day and Counting

Well, here we are with about 26 hours until the start of Wild Hogs II, a New England adventure. I really have to get packed and loaded today. I don't want to have to be doing that stuff tomorrow morning. The weather doesn't look promising for tomorrow, but that seems par for the course. We got poured on on day one last year, but had good weather the rest of the trip. I checked the long range forecast for that area and we are golden from Thurs. on.

I am still working on a camera rig. The one I made last year was just too top heavy and kept swiveling around on me. I got some great pics on the road, but I had to keep straightening up the camera all the time. I have been working with a smaller lighter tripod head which I need to get attached to the clamp that will go on the handlebars. That has been the rub. I used a standard tripod head that attached with a screw mount last year, but this one does not mount the same way so I will be modifying it.

Today is my baby's birthday. Happy 21 Brittany! It seems so surreal that she could possibly be that old. The job hunting is going well for her. She had two interviews yesterday and has another tomorrow. So far she is hoping for the job she interviewed for yesterday morning. She felt things went very well and that she hit it off with the boss and the girl who would be training her. She wowed them with her computer skills and the boss talked to her for about 45 minutes. All good signs. It would be decent pay to start as well as immediate benefits, always a plus. Hopefully, she will hear back from them this week.

The air conditioning saga goes on... I am sitting hear at 6 am with all the doors and windows open and everything in the house that you touch feeling like it has been underwater for a month. The humidity must be around 100%. I got a call from the company yesterday stating that they had the one part they needed but not the other. The other would be in around Fri. unless we wanted it over-nighted. The warranty would cover standard shipping, but not the rush shipping. I told her I would pay the rush to get the part here. She called me back later in the day and said that the part would be here today, but she would not be able to schedule the repair until tomorrow because they could not guarantee the delivery time. The problem is... I will be gone at 8 am tomorrow, Brittany has an 11 am interview and Kim has a 12 noon dentist appointment and they wanted to come out at 12. So... I had them put it off til Thurs.. It really won't effect me since I won't be home, but Kim and Brittany will be without A/C until Thurs. and It looks like Kim will probably have to take a 1/2 day off work since she doesn't want Brittany here alone with the repair people.

I had better stop writing and start moving. There is much to be done today and I might as well get to it early since I'm up anyway. I ended up taking a vacation day last night and starting my vacation early. Scott (my middle brother) is supposed to stay with me tonight so he doesn't have to ride up from Lancaster tomorrow morning. That should be fun. He is usually a fun guy to spend some time with, and I'm sure he will have some fun messing with Brittany on her Birthday. My next entry may be from on the road. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment