Sunday, July 4, 2010

Gotta Start Somewhere

I writing this because everything has a starting point. Today is Sunday July 4, 2010. Happy Birthday to America. It has been a good weekend although I must return to work tonight for the 10 pm to 6 am shift. This is made easier by the lure of "holiday pay" (in my case about $75/hr).

We have enjoyed the company of our neighbors this weekend. We live in a development and know most all our immediate neighbors, and amazingly enough we all like each other. During most of the major summer holidays we get together to cook out and just have a good time. This weekend has been no exception.

I was also fortunate to be able to spend time with my brothers and sisters of the Guardian Knights. We are all family as well. Yesterday we went to visit a little boy named Collin who has a brain tumor and is currently undergoing Chemo-therapy. Collin is only 1 1/2 years old. A couple of our members bought a small electric powered motorcycle and a skull cap embroidered with his name. We took these items to his house to give to him. He was a little overwhelmed at first but seemed to take it all in stride. He loves the motorcycle and the cap. His mother reports that he wore the cap all afternoon and sat on his motorcycle starting it over and over. He has a very long road ahead and we wish him only the best. You can follow Collin's story and progress at http://littleprinceyfellow.blogspot.com/

After our visit with Collin we rode through the mountains ending with lunch at a little place known as the Stoney Creek Inn. We sat on the deck overlooking the waterfall and had some great fun and food. Then I returned home to more fun and fellowship with my neighbors.

I am greatly looking forward to my second annual "Wild Hogs" motorcycle trip with my brothers. Last year we headed south for 3 1/2 days riding Skyline Drive, The Blue Ridge Parkway and even made time to visit the Tail of the Dragon in Deals Gap NC. This year the plan is to head north to upstate New York and possibly new england. We will be missing my brother Mark on this trip as he sold his bike to take care of some family obligations. We hope he will be back to join us next year. I will attempt to blog along the way on the trip if I can find access. We will see what is available as we go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment