Saturday, July 10, 2010

Taking My New Windshield Cam for a Ride

I am attempting to post a video taken on my new Windshield Cam. It is a pretty neat little camera. I will be taking it on the Wild Hogs Adventure this coming week. It's not the greatest resolution, but we shall see. They have an HD version that I might consider upgrading to if this one works out. It was evening and the light isn't the best. It has automatic white balance and I had too much sky which darkened everything else down. I will be interested in seeing how it does in full on daylight with a lower angle of view. I am considering a change in the mounting position as well. It is a GoPro Hero Wide standard definition camera with an 8 GB SD memory card which can record up to 4 hours of video. It's powered by 2 AAA Lithium Ion Batteries which are purported to run up to 3 hours on video. It runs about $100 at Costco (without memory card). It can be mounted to most any surface including a helmet and is waterproof to 180'.



OK, I took the camera out for another test run with a bit more success with the white balance. I also changed the position of the mount to allow a lower angle of view. I can see that I will have to make sure the mount is very tight as the noise from the mount moving was louder than the bike. Here are the results of run #2.


No comments:

Post a Comment