Saturday, July 31, 2010

OK So I'm Really Jealous Right Now

In about an hour and a half my youngest brother Kevin and my middle brother Scott leave on a cross country adventure, riding their bikes (motorcycles) cross country from PA to California. This is something that I wish I were doing with them, but circumstances and timing were just not right.

While we had a great time on our Wild Hogs II adventure this year, it is not the same as the idea of crossing the entire country on a motorcycle. I am so jealous that they are going to do it before me. Don't get me wrong.... I am happy for their opportunity and hope all goes well for them, but it will be hard to read their blog updates for the next couple of weeks as they make there way to CA and back. I spoke with Kevin last night and all is prepared. They have set themselves a tough schedule, planning on covering about 600 miles a day. Their first stop tonight should be somewhere west of Indianapolis, IN. They have found an online community for riders/travelers that helps them locate free or low cost overnight stays. They will be camping in someone's yard in IN who is willing to allow travelers a free place to camp. The second night they plan on staying on state lands in Kansas, again for free. The plan then is to stay with some old friends in Colorado. The whole idea is to make the trip as inexpensively as possible, paying for camping only when necessary. You can follow their trip on their blog at http://kcagno.blogspot.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment