Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 5 Wild Hogs IV Homeward Bound

We awoke to sunshine and fair skies for the first time this week. While it would have been nice to have this weather earlier in the week, it was nice to have it while we broke down camp and packed for the trip home.

We left Hico for the final time about 9:30. It was a great ride on good roads and we made good time. We stopped for gas and lunch in Clarksburg WV, then continued on. The trip home was relatively uneventful. After the adventures of day two that was OK with me. The weather was perfect and the ride was pleasant. I arrived home at about 6 pm, the Lancaster guys probably an hour later.

In spite of the weather and the tire issues all agreed that it was a great time as always and talk of next year's trip has already begun.

It's always fun to take a trip down memory lane. Things have changed and yet remained the same. It's funny how everything was bigger when you were young and it seems we always remember things in a more positive light. It was surprising to me how sort of run down some areas were when we went back. I realize for some of those places it has been 40 years since I was there, yet other places haven't changed at all. I really believe that our minds polish up our memories of the "good old days", leaving out the not so great and amplifying the good.
I have pictures to post when I get time and I am already looking forward to the next "Wild Hogs" adventure were hopfully, everyone will be healthy and able to ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment