Sunday, July 3, 2011

Wild Hogs III

Well it has been quite some time since I posted anything here. As we gear up for Wild Hogs III, I guess this is a good time to make another post. For those who haven't read through previous posts Wild Hogs III is the latest in our annual motorcycle adventures.

My 4 brothers and I started taking an annual motorcycle trip a few years ago. It is a chance to get away from work and kids and wives and just have a good time on the road. We are close in age (5 years between oldest and youngest) and we all live within reasonable distance of one another, but we never seem to find much time to get together. We all ride motorcycles and for quite some time had talked about planning a trip together, but just never seemed to get it done. Finally, one of the wives said, "why don't you just do it!" and our "Wild Hogs" adventures were born. This year we have added one to our group. My nephew Scotty, and old married man of 24 will be joining us. We decided since he has been married for a few years now he might need a get-away too.

This year our destination is Salisbury Beach MA. That is in the extreme north eastern corner of Mass. (about an hour north of Boston). Last year we were in the mountains of western MA and enjoyed New England so much we decided to go back again this year, but do the coast this time. The plan is to base camp at the beach then take day trips along the coast, hopefully seeing lots of lighthouses and historic sites. We plan to hit parts of New Hampshire and Maine as well as the coastal areas of Mass.. I have added some new equipment to my arsenal. I now have a small trailer to pull behind my bike which will make available more space to carry additional equipment. I have also added a new tent. This one is large enough that I should not have a problem with my head and feet touching the ends when I sleep. Last year it became an issue the last night when we had a big storm. If you have spent time in a tent in the rain, then you know that touching the sides is not conducive to staying dry. We will be spoiled this year as well, by having electrical hookups at our camp site. This means all our techno gear can easily be recharged without running down the batteries on the bikes. All in all it should be a great trip.

I will attempt to blog a little each day and post pics. I should be able to gain internet access through my phone which should be easier than trying to hi-jack a signal sitting outside a Staples or McDonalds. We leave July 13 so if you are interested in checking out our trip, check back here starting that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment