Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 2 Wild Hogs III Coasting

We were a little slow getting started this morning with the storm keeping everyone up for a good part of the night. It seems the weather here on the coast is unpredictable to say the least. This morning started off cool and sunny. It was decided that we would take a ride up the coast to see whatever there was to see. We left about 10 am (late by our usual standards) and headed up Rt. 1-A. which hugs the coast. We passed into New Hampshire and continued north. At some points 1-A ends and merges with Rt. 1. We actually ended up taking a few round about routes, had lunch in Dover NH, and eventually found ourselves in Maine running back down south on 1-A again. I finally saw my first New England lighthouse. It was the Cape Neddick Light and we saw it as we were passing through York Beach. I hope we will see more as we travel more of the coast this week.

We had made arrangements to visit an old family friend around 4, so we headed back south to his place. We made it on time and were served a great hot meal and had a really nice visit (thanks Dave!). We finally left to head for camp at about 9 pm and arrived back at about 9:30. We had a camp fire but everyone was really tired after a full day of riding, and it is rather cool out at the current time. I am the only one still up and about and the campground is very quiet except for a couple across the road who apparently don't realize that it is quiet hours. Hopefully they will decide to go to sleep soon.

There's a full moon ducking in and out of the clouds and the temp is in the upper 50's. I am sitting under the canopy at the table with my hood up waiting for the fire to die out. Then I will plug everything into their chargers and crawl into my tent as well. It has been a good day. I'm looking forward to tomorrow and will add pics when I get a chance. I wish I had photoshop on this lap top. It would make the process so much simpler.

No comments:

Post a Comment